Looking for a copy of the Representatives Handbook?
Download it in PDF format right here.
To download a copy of the 2012-2015 MTA-EMSB Local Agreement, click here. The new local agreement will be posted as soon as it is available.
The MTA Representatives Handbook
Click on a section title to download the associated PDF document.
1. The MTA Who's Who
2. The MTA Representative
3. Classification According to Years of Schooling
4. Consultation, AKA Committees
5. Extra-Curricular Activities (ECA) Compensation
6. Emergency Substitution
7. Financial Assistance
8. Grievance Procedures
9. Insurance (dental, health and life)
10. Leave of Absence
11. Parental Rights (for more info, go to QPAT's website under Publications)
12. Paycheque Explanation
13. Pension Plan
14. Priority of Employment Lists (Recall Lists)
15. Professional Days |Calendars: Youth | Adult Ed. | Voc Ed.
16. Professional Improvement System (Including PIC Booklet and Application Form)
17. Salary Scale 2017-2018
18. Sick Leave, Salary Insurance, Long-term Disability Insurance
19. Special Leave
20. Staffing, Transferring, Closing Schools, Hiring (including list of categories and work situations)
21. Teacher Evaluation
22. Teachers Working Conditions
23. Tenure, Seniority, and Years of Experience
24. Work-Related Injuries/CNESST
25. Frequently Called Numbers
26. a) READ ME FIRST (Claims for Comp.).pdf
26. b) Comp. 17-18 (K. & Elem.).xls
26. c) Comp. 17-18 (Sec. & Voc. Ed.).xls
27. The MTA Constitution
28. Health and Safety (provided by the EMSB)
29. Desjardins Strathcona Membership Application Form (more info in this memo)
30. Presentation on School Council
31. a) How to obtain a Brevet of Permis
31. b) Paths for becoming legally qualified
31. c) EMSB Teaching Categories